Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brihan with TheSixtyOne

Allow me to share some of the musicians/songs that I've loved since I discovered The Sixty One.

If you don't know what this site is, it's like myspace but with more adventure and discovery because you get to stumble on some great music. Check it out, my favourite thing to do is to surf through the moods that generate playlists based on the mood you selected - I usually go with mellow and party. 
Passion Pit is pretty popular right now. They've got a great single out right now, Sleepyhead, and I first heard it because I saw a really great choreography done for it by Andrew Baterina (Soreal), Pacman (Sytycd/Marvelous Motion) and Jordan Kolar. 
I'm the kinda guy who watches a great piece for a song and then falls in love with it - this is a good example of that.


BEARBOT is another favourite of mine. She's a New York DJ that does a lot of mash-ups and electronic beats. She mixes a lot of mainstream rap vocals on top of artists like MGMT, Daft Punk, and a lot of other samples that I can't really name, etc. 
A lot of her mixes have been pretty consistent and I haven't found myself skipping through too many of her tracks - there's maybe one or two that irk me a bit, but I'd say let all the songs play out while you're doing your computer bidness. Either way, I'll list off the ones I'd recommend (and they're free tracks so go DL them) - Mixtape - Your Friends- Wow - Technocrips - Poloroid - Danger Girl





Hey there Obidiah Parker, if you ever read this, I just want you to know that you make great covers - especially this Hey Ya cover. Great voice, and really great sound and style change for such a fun song that I haven't heard in a long long time. 
Acoustic guitar and a nice upbeat folksy rhythm for that drive out to California that we gotta take some time in our lives (you know who you are mr. kimchix and friends)




Ady Smith - Just Dance This is my favourite remix of the song right now - it's free, go check it out here.



That's it for now, stay tuned for more. For now, you can check out my sixtyone page and see what I've been listening to. Go to History or see what I saved on my playlists. 

No comments: