Tuesday, December 18, 2007

on the fence


Currently Listening to:
D
ashboard Confessional - The Shade Of Poison Trees


While currently reading:
I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Joshua Harris

So I finished part one and I would say I have to agree with what he's saying.
I should probably read everything over again once I'm done the book just because there's a lot to soak up.
I think I began reading this book with the wrong kind of expectations. As embarrassing as this sounds, I thought I was going to get some answers as to how I can improve my own love life - it's hardly the case. As weird as this sounds, this book is beginning to convince me to stop trying to date...we'll see what I think after I'm done.

So far, here's a few basic notes I got from what I've read so far (in no particular order):
  • Single life is a gift - use it.
    To grow, to mature, to learn, to serve, to do what God wants you to do now.

  • Don't date (unless you wanna tie the knot)
    One-on-one time with the opposite sex doesn't always lead to something better in the long run. You'll get too comfortable with getting all the intimacy, physical and emotional satisfaction without any of the commitment...there's a lot more to it...but that's the gist.

  • Seek God's Kingdom First
    the rest will fall into place when the time's right.

  • Potential Girlfriends no more.
    Sisters-In-Christ goggles from now on.




No comments: